Where we refer to "personal information", it means "personal information" as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 ("POPI") Personal information includes any information about a person that can be used to identify a person directly or indirectly. It includes information like a name, an identification number, location information, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.
For any comments or queries relating to this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal information we collect
We collect, amongst others, the following personal information:
- personal details, such as your name, email address or telephone number;
- billing information, such as relevant payment information and VAT registration number; and
- legally required information, which includes any additional information that the law requires from us to verify your identity, such as your HPCSA registration number.
How we collect personal information
- Directly from you when you use our website to register or request more information, or information provided via email correspondence.
- As the MB10 Interest Questionnaire is only available for use for registered Psychologists or Psychometrists, the relevant HPCSA registration number is used to collect further information regarding an individual’s registration status from this third-party. We only collect personal information this way where such information is publicly available for legitimate business purposes.
Use of your personal information
We may use your personal information for any legitimate business purposes relating to our services and/or business activities. Some of the purposes for which we use your personal information include:
- responding to your queries posted on our website or emailed to us;
- onboarding you as a client;
- verifying your registration with the HPCSA;
- providing you with our services;
- referring you to other service providers with your consent;
- improving our website and services by analysing certain information collected, including cookies and other related information;
- sending you information (in the form of our newsletter) and inviting you to events; and/or
- complying with our regulatory or other obligations.
When you become a client, you will be added to our mailing list, which is only used to send you important information about our business, the services we offer and news related to our service. We may still contact you in other instances, such as in the course of providing you with specific services. In these instances, the relevant practitioner will contact you directly and not through the mailing list.
Sharing your personal information
We do not share your information with 3 rd parties for marketing or other purposes.
Quality and access to your personal information
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct any personal information that you think is inaccurate or request us to remove your information. You have the right to request us to provide you with personal information that we hold about you. You must contact us directly to do so or send an email to email@example.com.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected. We protect and manage personal information that we hold about you by using electronic and computer safeguards like firewalls and data encryption. We only authorise access to personal information to those employees who require it to fulfil their designated responsibilities. If you want to report any concerns about our privacy practices or if you suspect any breach regarding your personal information, kindly notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lodging a complaint
If you believe we are using your personal information unlawfully, please let us know at email@example.com.
Click here for more information on POPIA: https://popia.co.za/.